For Lynnabie

Hi, Lynne!

I just pulled a few pictures from the interwebs of avant garde makeup styles that I really like.  The theme of the shoot is "evil elemental goddesses."  The elementals are actually the Chinese elements of Fire, Water, Earth, Metal, and Wood (as opposed to the the standard Western elements of Fire, Water, Earth, and Air), but the overall look does not have to come off as Chinese, although I'm okay with that, too.

I am in the process of finishing the dresses, and have to take pictures of them on the mannequins to show you hopefully today, but they are all pretty much extra-long billowy goddesss evening gowns in various degrees of avant garde-ness that don't necessarily scream, "I'm Evil!!!"  In fact, they can also come off as quite Angelic, so having over the top makeup to make them look like mysterious otherworldly beautiful demi-demons will help solidify a darker theme.

The pictures below are simply examples of faces I saw and thought were cool.  You can pretty much do WHATEVER you want (don't we all love that?) and there is no wrong way to go, unless it's, you know, WAY wrong...  But I have found in most of the ones that look really good, they overdid one aspect of the face and de-emphasized other parts to balance it out.  Most of the time it was overdone eyes and non-existent lips/eyebrows, but I saw some where they did a crazy mouth and whited out the eyes to the point they looked just like pupils.

 
LOVE THESE

I love how they used the false eyelashes in an unconventional manner.
This is Cassidy!


HOWEVER....

This is a little too much...
And This is WAY Too Much!!  Well, maybe not too much in certain places, but overdone all together creates a drag queen.

These are the models (some still unconfirmed) for the shoot:
Cassidy Barker - Earth
Stephanie Leet - Wood
Xtina Ziccardi - Fire


Kyra Symone - Water

Erin Dinkins - Metal
Just click on the names to go to their MM profiles.

I hope this inspires you to come up with some crazy ideas and excites you with the thought of being able to come up with some amazing and different looks!  Love you!

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment