As per our conversation, we're looking to do Ahsoka, so you can just look at these in terms of dress style as well as the size of the image.
This will also be the heaviest garment, so all of them have nice, wide shoulder coverage for comfort and stability!
 |
FULLY covered in Lego, head to toe. Black fabric base with black bottom layer of lego over.
Not too tight altogether, but I still want to make it have a shape, so there will be darting under. |
 |
Covered in lego in top part only, bottom part will be flowy fabric.
I had the idea if we wanted to do something more fitted, maybe making the base out of stretch fabric might be a good idea.
Pro for using stretch fabric would force it to have the least amount of "bulk" from the legos.
Con would be, the image would have to be created while dress is stretched over a dressform or it would look distorted when you put it on.
Stretch fabric does not Have to be used if you like the top lego/bottom fabric concept. The bodice would just not be as fitted. |
 |
Okay, I know that I said that I was concerned that an a-line 60's dress might nor look formal enough, but after I thought about it, you see shorter dresses on red carpet all the time, and you look good in a short skirt.
Out of the three I think that this one is the one that shows off the actual IMAGE the most, And would be the easiest to sculpt since the shape of the dress is the most like a flat canvas. It is the least formal-looking, though. |
I think that an Ahsoka image would work well for this style, but I can come up with a couple more concepts if you would like to see something "tougher" to fit her her character, like adding her shoulder pieces or incorporating a long dress that would look good with Ahsoka boots showing.